We’re here to help! Enrolling in the plan is simple, but investing for your life goals requires you to be informed. To help guide you through the enrollment process, please contact a financial professional.
Before Enrolling in the plan, you should:
- Understand the plan features
- Review the Investment Options offered
- Understand the Investment Option Performance
- Review the Contract Prospectus
Enrolling in the Chicago Public Schools Retirement Programs
To begin contributions after you are enrolled in the Plan or change your existing contribution amount, please complete this 457(b) Participation Agreement/Deferral Election, and mail or fax it to:
There are two ways you can enroll in the Plan:
1. Your local financial professional is available to guide you through the enrollment process for the 403(b) TDA and/or 457(b) Plan. To make an appointment, please call (800) 873-9150.
Once you schedule an appointment with your financial professional, you can begin to:
2. Complete the easy online enrollment process. While enrolling online, you will need to agree to online delivery of certain documents, including a prospectus summary, investment fact sheets, and other documents required at enrollment time. If you would prefer to review a hard copy of these materials, please call (800) 873-9150 prior to enrollment.
You should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the variable product and its underlying fund options carefully before investing. The prospectuses contain this and other information, and can be obtained by contacting your local financial professional. Please read the prospectuses carefully before investing.
Variable annuities are long-term investments for retirement purposes. Withdrawals from a 457(b) plan are generally permitted upon severance from employment, death, or the occurrence of an unforeseeable emergency. Amounts distributed from the annuity will be taxed as ordinary income when distributed. Account values fluctuate with market conditions, and when withdrawn, the principal may be worth more or less than the original amount invested. Tax deferral is provided by the plan and the annuity does not provide any additional tax deferral benefit. Annuities may be subject to additional fees and expenses to which other tax-qualified plan funding vehicles may not be subject. However, annuities provide features and benefits such as lifetime income payments and death benefits which may be valuable to you.
Insurance products, annuities and retirement plan funding issued by (third party administrative services may also be provided by) Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company, One Orange Way, Windsor, CT 06095-4774. Securities are distributed by Voya Financial Partners LLC (member SIPC). All companies are members of the Voya™ family of companies. Securities may also be distributed through other broker-dealers with which Voya has selling agreements. Insurance obligations are the responsibility of each individual company. Product and services may not be available in all states.